Have you gone through Summer18 release notes? Not yet? No worries, this post summerise some very exciting Lightning Related features, components and changes in #Summer18. Let’s get started:
1. Debug Mode for Lightning Component- Now set the debug logs for specific users instead of complete org or all the users. Lightning Component debug mode impacts org performance when enabled, but now this option allows setting up debug mode only for specific users and other users will not see any difference. More details here
Where can you access this feature: Go to Setup -> Lightning components -> Debug Mode
2. Lightning Component Library Is Available On Developer Forum – Yes, you heard it right!! Lightning component library is generally available with great examples, demos and documentation. You don’t have to search at multiple places to check the implementation of any lightning component, just open Lightning Component Library here. You can also access your Org specific lightning component as well in suite.app, just append “componentReference/suite.app” after your Org URL. More details here
3. SLDS class names updated – Now SLDS classes which were having the double dash (–) in the name, will have single underscore (_). So you may want to update your class names. Although always prefer Lightning Components over SLDS classes for better compatibility. Also, slds-form_inline (formerly slds-form–inline) style was removed. More details here
4. lightning:recordForm(Component): Have you used lightning:recordEditForm and lightning:recordViewForm? Do you feel need to have single component instead of 2 difference component for editing and viewing? Well, lightning:recordForm is here to fulfil this wish. Use this component to add, view or edit a record. Isn’t it awesome !!
5. lightning:insertImageButton(Component): Use this component inside lightning:inputRichText to add an insert image button to the toolbar. This will open the native file browser to select a file from the system.
6. lightning:isUrlAddressable (Interface): Open Lightning Component Dynamically using lightning:isUrlAddressable interface. This is an alternative version of force:navigateToComponent which is now deprecated. The lightning:isUrlAddressable interface enables you to generate a user-friendly URL for a Lightning component with the pattern /cmp/componentName instead of the base-64 encoded route you get with force:navigateToComponent. More details here
7. lightning:availableForFlowActions (Interface): Enables using a component’s client-side controller as an action in a flow.
8. lightning:hasPageReference (Interface) – Enables a component to include a pageReference object as an attribute. This interface is used by lightning:isUrlAddressable.
Apart from above new features and components, below are few changes in existing components:
9. lightning:datatable – This component now supports mass inline editing, so you can edit content in multiple table cells and save the changes in one step.
10. lightning: icon – You can now use your own custom icons in addition to the icons at https://lightningdesignsystem.com/icons. Use the new src attribute to specify the path to the resource for a custom icon. For example: src=”path/to/customSvgSprite.svg#my-icon”.
11. lightning: input – The following types now implement Lightning Design System styling.